A pair of light heavyweight prospects will look to continue their winning streaks in October.
Korean outlet SPOTV was first to report the news that Kennedy Nzechukwu will fight Da Un Jung on October 16 at a yet-to-be-announced UFC event. Both fighters confirmed the booking on social media.
Nzechukwu (9-1) is on a three-fight win streak since losing his UFC debut, which was his first professional loss. The Nigerian fighter took 2020 off but has has been active since. At UFC 259 in March, he knocked out Carlos Ulberg, halting his hype train. Most recently, in June, he finished Danilo Marques at UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Volkov.
Jung (14-2-1) is undefeated in the UFC thus far, with his only blemish being a draw against Sam Alvey in 2020. In his most recent fight, he handed William Knight his first UFC loss in April. Jung is riding a 13-fight win streak dating back to 2016.
The winner of this fight could jump into the top 15 light heavyweight rankings.
No location, venue, or broadcast plan has been officially announced for the October 16 event, but UFC President Dana White said that all Fight Nights would be staying at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV. Miesha Tate and Ketlen Vieira are expected to headline.
The October 16 fight card now includes the following reported bouts:
- Miesha Tate vs. Ketlen Vieira
- L’udovit Klein vs. Nate Landwehr
- Luana Carolina vs. Maryna Moroz
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Carlos Felipe
- Norma Dumont vs. Holly Holm
- Julian Marquez vs. Jordan Wright
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Istela Nunes
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Bruno Silva
- Timur Valiev vs. Daniel Santos
- Da Un Jung vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu