A pair of promising young UFC featherweights will collide in November.
MMA Empire was first to report that a pair of Dana White’s Contender Series alumni will face off, as Melsik Baghdasaryan will be taking on TJ Laramie on November 6 at UFC 268. Laramie would later confirm news of the booking on social media.
Baghdasaryan (6-1) made a huge impression in his UFC debut last month. He knocked out Colin Anglin in the second round, snapping his win streak and receiving Performance of the Night. The Armenian competed on season four of Dana White’s Contender Series, defeating hot prospect Dennis Buzukja, although he did not receive after the fight.
Laramie (12-4) lost his UFC debut against Darrick Minner. He was submitted in less than a minute, the loss snapping his four-fight win streak. Minner was also on season four of Dana White’s Contender Series, defeating Daniel Swain to receive a contract.
UFC 268 will take at Madison Square Garden in New York City on November 6. The event will feature two title fight rematches atop the card.
So far, the second to last pay-per-view of the year looks like this:
- Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington II – for the welterweight title
- Rose Namajunas vs. Zhang Weili II – for the strawweight title
- Justin Gathje vs. Michael Chandler
- Germaine de Randamie vs. Irene Aldana
- Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
- Luke Rockhold vs. Sean Strickland
- Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Green
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Nassourdine Imavov
- Aleksa Camur vs. John Allan
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. TJ Laramie