Warlley Alves gets to stay on UFC Fight Night 190 after all.
The UFC announced on Monday that Alves will stay on the card, also known as UFC Vegas 30, and welcome former CFFC Welterweight champion Jeremiah Wells to the UFC this Saturday. Wells would confirm the news on his Instagram.
Alves (14-4) returned in fantastic fashion early this year on ‘Fight Island.’ He finished hot prospect Mounir Lazzez in less than three minutes with a body kick in that match-up. The TKO of Lazzez earned the Brazilian a Performance of the Night bonus. Alves had been out of action for 14 months prior. He was originally set to face Ramazan Emeev this Saturday.
Wells (8-2-1) hasn’t been in action since he defeated Marco Smallman for the vacant CFFC welterweight title. Wells vacated the title when he was signed by the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He was scheduled to make his UFC debut against Miguel Baeza last year in September at UFC Fight Night: Covington vs. Woodley; however, Baeza was not medically cleared to compete. Wells now steps in on a week’s notice to finally make his debut.
UFC Vegas 30 will take place at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas and broadcast on ESPN+. The event is headlined by heavyweights Ciryl Gane and Alexander Volkov.
With the latest addition, the fight card now includes the following match-ups:
- Ciryl Gane vs. Alexander Volkov
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Timur Valiev
- Tanner Boser vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Michel Prazeres vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Justin Jaynes vs. Charles Rosa
- Danilo Marques vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
- Isaac Villanueva vs. Marcin Prachnio
- Warlley Alves vs. Jeremiah Wells
- Renato Moicano vs. Jai Herbert
- Nicolas Dalby vs. Tim Means
- Julija Stoliarenko vs. Julia Avila
- Daniel Pineda vs. Andre Fili
- Yancy Medeiros vs. Damir Hadžović