Mana Martinez will make his UFC debut in August.
MMA Junkie was first to report the news that Jesse Strader will welcome Martinez to the UFC on August 21 at UFC on ESPN: Costa vs. Cannonier. A source close to the situation subsequently confirmed the booking to Cageside Press.
Martinez (8-2) is coming off a 32 second knockout of Jose Johnson at Fury FC 46: Lookin’ For a Fight, where UFC President Dana White would offer him a UFC contract. “Manaboi” appeared on Dana White’s Contender Series last season but would lose to Drako Rodriguez via submission. Since that loss, Martinez got back to his winning ways with two first-round finishes. The Texas fighter holds a 100% finish rate.
Strader (5-2) had his two-fight win streak snapped in his UFC debut by losing to Montel Jackson via TKO. Before his loss, “Sui Generis” finished both Michael Jackson and Isaiah Batin-Gonzalez via stoppage to earn his UFC spot.
No location, venue, or broadcast details have yet to be announced by the promotion for UFC’s August 21 event. No main event has been announced yet.
So far, the August 21 fight card looks like this:
- Paulo Costa vs. Jared Cannonier
- Alexandre Pantoja vs. Brandon Royval
- Clay Guida vs. Mark O. Madsen
- Luis Saldana vs. Austin Lingo
- Fabio Cherant vs. William Knight
- Austin Hubbard vs. Vic Pichel
- Chase Sherman vs. Parker Porter
- Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte
- Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Sasha Palatnikov
- Bea Malecki vs. Josiane Nunes
- Mana Martinez vs. Jesse Strader