A pair of welterweights will try to continue their climb to the top 15 of the UFC rankings in July.
The Entre Rounds Podcast was the first to report that Daniel Rodriguez will fight Abubakar Nurmagomedov on July 17. Rodriguez and his management would confirm the booking on social media.
Rodriguez (14-2) got himself back into the win column in April as he dominated Mike Perry to win a unanimous decision on the second ABC fight card. “D-Rod” burst onto the UFC scene in 2020 by upsetting Tim Means to start his year off. He would pick up wins against Gabriel Green and Dwight Grant all in seven months. Unfortunately, he wouldn’t go 4-0 as he would lose a razor-thin decision to Nicholas Dalby.
Nurmagomedov (16-3-1) picked up his first UFC win at UFC 260 back in March. He would defeat Jared Gooden via a unanimous decision. The Russian fighter would take 2020 off after he lost his UFC debut against David Zawada via submission.
No location, venue, or broadcast details have yet to be announced by the promotion for UFC’s July 17 Fight Night event. The main event has not been set.
With the addition of this fight, the fight card now looks like this:
- Miesha Tate vs Marion Reneau
- Islam Makhachev vs. Thiago Moises
- Ode Osbourne vs. Amir Albazi
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Khalid Taha vs. Sergey Morozov
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Herbert Burns
- Rodolfo Vieira vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
- Amanda Lemos vs. Montserrat Ruiz
- Cameron Else vs. Aaron Phillips
- Guram Kutateladze vs. Don Madge
- Malcolm Gordon vs. Francisco Figueiredo
- Miles Johns vs. Anderson dos Santos
- Phil Hawes vs. Deron Winn
- Alan Baudot vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
- Daniel Rodriguez vs. Abubakar Nurmagomedov