A top 15 UFC strawweight will try and defend her spot in July.
ESPN Deportes was first to report the news that No. 14 ranked strawweight Amanda Lemos will fight Montserrat Ruiz at a yet-to-be-announced UFC event on July 17. Ruiz would confirm the booking on her Instagram Story.
Lemos (9-1-1) started her 2021 off with style as she finished Lívia Renata Souza in the first round via TKO in March at UFC 259. Since returning from her two-year suspension, the Brazilan is on a three-fight win streak. She finished Miranda Granger in 2019 and then won a dominant unanimous decision over Mizuki Inoue last year.
Ruiz (10-1) will be looking to snatch Lemos’ No. 14 ranking when they meet. “Conejo” made her UFC debut on a week’s notice against Cheynne Buys at UFC on ESPN: Brunson vs. Holland in March. She would win via a unanimous decision, which caused some drama after the fight. Ruiz is riding a two-fight win streak.
No location, venue, or broadcast details have yet to be announced by the promotion for UFC’s July 17 Fight Night event.
With the addition of this fight, the fight card now looks like this:
- Miesha Tate vs Marion Reneau
- Ode Osbourne vs. Amir Albazi
- Khalid Taha vs. Sergey Morozov
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Herbert Burns
- Rodolfo Vieira vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
- Amanda Lemos vs. Montserrat Ruiz
- Cameron Else vs. Aaron Phillips
- Guram Kutateladze vs. Don Madge
- Malcolm Gordon vs. Francisco Figueiredo
- Miles Johns vs. Anderson dos Santos