Alex Oliveira will stay on the UFC Vegas 20 card after a last-minute opponent change.
As first reported by MMA Junkie, Ramazan Kuramagomedov will step in on less than a week’s notice to face Alex ‘Cowboy’ Oliveira on this weekend’s Fight Night card.
Oliveira (22-9) was originally supposed to fight Randy Brown on Saturday; however, Brown tested positive for COVID-19. The Brazilian was riding a two-fight fight win streak with wins over Max Griffin and Peter Sobotta of late, but then ran into a debuting Shavkat Rakhmonov at UFC 254 on ‘Fight Island.’ Rakhmonov ended up finishing Oliveira in the first round via guillotine choke. The Brazilian also missed weight by two pounds— the second time he has missed weight in his 19-fight UFC career.
Kuramagomedov (8-0) will try and hand Oliveria his second consecutive loss. UFC fans might know Kuramagomedov from his season three main event appearance on Dana White’s Contender Series. The Russian ended up defeating Jordan Williams via a questionable split decision but did not receive a contract. Kuramagomedov then went back to the regional scene and picked up two more wins.
UFC Vegas 20 takes place on Saturday, February 27, airing live on ESPN+ in the U.S. The card has an advertised start time of 5P.M. EST and now breaks down as follows:
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Gane
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Nikita Krylov
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder
- Alex Caceres vs. Kevin Croom
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Thiago Moises
- Alex Oliveira vs. Ramazan Kuramagomedov
- Alexis Davis vs. Sabina Mazo
- William Knight vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Vince Cachero vs. Ronnie Lawrence
- Maxim Grishin vs. Dustin Jacoby