A pair of hard-hitting UFC light heavyweights have been rebooked for March.
Ryan Spann and Misha Cirkunov have been added to March 13’s Fight Night event, the promotion announced on Thursday. The pair were originally supposed to fight on the last fight card of 2020, but Cirkunov pulled out with an injury. The fight will be the first in over a year for Canada’s Cirkunov, while Spann competed more recently, the last fighting in September.
Spann (18-6) will be looking to get back on track after Johnny Walker snapped his eight-fight win streak at UFC Vegas 11. It was the first loss in three years for the 29-year old, who previously held gold in regional promotion LFA.
Cirkunov (15-5) is 2-1 in his past three fights but has not competed since September 2019. That fight saw Cirkunov earn a submission win over Jimmy Crute at UFC Vancouver. After missing all of 2020, ring rust will potentially be a question.
The March 13 fight card takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas and currently looks like this:
- Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad
- Dan Ige vs. TBD
- Ryan Spann vs. Misha Cirkunov
- Davey Grant vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. Jason Witt
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Gloria de Paula
- Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart
- Nasrat Haqparast vs. TBD
- Steve Garcia vs. Charles Jourdain
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
- Ray Rodriguez vs. Rani Yahya
- Philipe Lins vs. Ben Rothwell