RIZIN FF 17: Yachi vs. Asakura was live just outside Tokyo, Japan on July 28, 2019. The live results are below.
RIZIN FF 17: Yachi vs. Asakura, live from the Saitama Super Arena just outside Tokyo, Japan went down Sunday. MMA and kickboxing action were on tap as the promotion returned to action in its home base in Saitama.
In the main event, Yusuke Yachi faced Mikuru Asakura in a lightweight contest. Yachi was on a tear in RIZIN FF 14 months ago, winning his first five bouts in the promotion. However, Yachi had lost back-to-back bouts for the first time since 2011, and looked to rebound in style. Most recently, Yachi suffered a second-round TKO (Doctor Stoppage) loss to Johnny Case due to an eye cut. Asakura on the other hand had won five-straight, most recently defeating Luis Gustavo at RIZIN FF 15. Gustavo was coming off a victory over Asakura’s opponent, Yusuke Yachi prior to the contest. The 27-year-old entered the night 4-0 in RIZIN FF.
In the co-main event, Shintaro Ishiwatari faced Ulka Sasaki at bantamweight. Ishiwatari was the former Pancrase champion but vacated the belt to compete in RIZIN FF. In RIZIN FF, Ishiwatari was 3-1, with his only loss coming to Kyoji Horiguchi back in 2017. Sasaki entered the bout coming off a RIZIN FF debut win over Manel Kape. The 29-year-old is a nine-time UFC veteran, who went 4-5 in the UFC.
Also on the card, Japanese bantamweights Yuki Montoya and Hiromasa collide, and Ivan Shtyrkov is making his RIZIN FF debut. Also, Johnny Case returns to action at RIZIN 17 against Satoru Kitaoka.
RIZIN FF 17: Yachi vs. Asakura Results:
- Mikuru Asakura def. Yusuke Yachi via Unanimous Decision
- Shintaro Ishiwatari def. Ulka Sasaki via Submission, Round 2, 3:57
- Hiromasa Ogikubo def. Yuki Motoya via Split Decision
- Ivan Shtyrkov def. Hoon Kim via TKO (Ground and Pound), Round 2, 4:05
- Taiga def. Hikaru Machida via Unanimous Decision – kickboxing.
- Johnny Case def. Satoru Kitaoka via TKO (Corner Stoppage), Round 1, 5:00
- Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Ali Abdulkhalikov via Unanimous Decision
- Roberto de Souza def. Mizuto Hirota via TKO (Punches), Round 1, 3:04
- Jake Heun def. Vitaly Shemetov via TKO (Elbow – Referee Stoppage due to a Cut), Round 3, 2:17
- Seo Hee Ham def. Tomo Maesawa via TKO (Knees), Round 1, 3:12
- Stephanie Egger def. King Reina via Unanimous Decision
- Hideki def. Daiki Watabe via Majority Decision – kickboxing.