We got to know more about the current M-1 Challenge flyweight champion, Ukranian prospect Aleksander Doskalchuk.
- Age: 29
- Height: 5’7″
- Weight Class: Flyweight
- Record: 10-2
- Method: 4 Submissions, 4 KO/TKO
- Sports Club Aurum
- Lives in Irpin, Ukraine
- Management: First MMA Management
List of Accomplishments:
- 2x Pankration Europe Champion
- 3x Silver Medalist of Pankration World Championship
- Pankration World Cup Champion
- FILA Athlete of the Year in 2011 and 2012 in Amateur MMA
- M-1 Global Flyweight Champion
- What do you like to do outside of fighting?
I like swimming.
- Favorite striking and grappling technique?
I like boxing. And my favorite grappling techniques are guillotine and the kimura.
- Any MMA fighters that inspired you?
Fedor Emelianenko, Junior dos Santos, Jon Jones, TJ Dillashaw, and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
- Favorite current fighter?
- Lion King or Toy Story?
- PlayStation or Xbox?
- Skittles or M&M’s?
- Favorite song?
It was Limp Bizkit – Take a Look Around. But now I like many songs and can’t choose one.
- Favorite TV show?
Orel and Reshka (TV show about traveling).
- Favorite movie?
Lord of the Rings.
- Cats or dogs?
Aleksander Doskalchuk started in Pankration and found success, becoming a champion in the sport. Pankration has similar rules to MMA, which is a combination of wrestling and boxing. That experience led to Doskalchuk making his transition to MMA in 2011. Born and living in Chernivtsi, Ukraine, for most his life, a few months ago, he moved to Irpin, which is near Kiev. He made his professional debut in July of 2013. After a pair of losses near the beginning of his career, Doskalchuk is now on a seven-fight win streak. He fought the beginning of his career in his home county of Ukraine but his last four fights have been in Ingushetia and Russia. In September of 2017, Doskalchuk captured the M-1 Challenge flyweight championship. To this day, he still has the title and has defended twice.