CFFC 75 was live from the Spotlight 29 Casino in Coachella, California on May 25, 2019. The live results are below.
CFFC 75: Granger vs. Azevedo was live on Saturday night as the inaugural strawweight championship was introduced.
In the main event of the evening, ladies headlined in a strawweight title bout as undefeated prospect Miranda Granger (5-0) faced Brazilian destroyer Heloisa Azevedo (4-1). Granger, 27, was 1-0 inside the Cage Fury Fighting Championship cage with a first-round submission victory over Contender Series alum Jamie Colleen at CFFC 71. Granger was undefeated as a professional and amateur, with all of her professional wins coming by stoppage. Meanwhile, Azevedo, 28, had won four straight, all coming via finishes. Most recently, Azevedo submitted Alana Souza in just 90 seconds at Future FC 1.
In the co-main event, bantamweights faced off in a catchweight bout as UFC veteran Terrion Ware (17-8) returned to the regional circuit to take on bantamweight prospect Jordan Winski (10-2). The bout was supposed to be a bantamweight clash, but Ware missed weight by two pounds, making it a catchweight contest of 138lbs. Winski made weight.
Ware, 33, went without a victory in the Octagon with an 0-4 record but faced tough competition in Cody Stamann, Sean O’Malley, Tom Duquesnoy and Merab Dvalishvili. The 25-fight veteran now returned to the regional scene, where he had won four in a row prior to his UFC stint. His opponent, Winski, 30, had won six of his last seven contests, with his only loss over three years coming to fellow prospect Ryan Lilley at LFA 45. Most recently, Winski got back on track, with a second-round TKO victory over Flávio Carvalho at SMASH Global 8.
Also on the card was a lightweight feature bout between Cain Carrizosa and Shohei Yamamoto, and California prospect Troy Guerrero also returned to action.
The event will be broadcasted live on UFC Fight Pass.
CFFC 75: Granger vs. Azevedo Full Results:
- Miranda Granger* def. Heloisa Azevedo by Submission (Standing Guillotine Choke), Round 1, 0:41 – for the inaugural CFFC strawweight championship. *Granger was offered a spot on Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series after her win*.
- Jordan Winski def. Terrion Ware by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Cain Carrizosa def. Shohei Yamamoto by TKO (Injury – Dislocated Shoulder), Round 1, 3:35
- Kevin Wirth def. Carlos Puente Jr by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 2, 4:07
- Chris Vasil def. Troy Guerrero by TKO (Crucifix Ground and Pound), Round 1, 4:26
- Danny Silva def. Johnny Soto by TKO (Body Shot), Round 3, 4:15
- Heber Castillo def. Hunter Clagett by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 2, 3:18
- Zach Tenorio def. Brandon Aviles by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) – amateur.
- Amber de la Herran def. Nataliya Kharkavaya by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) – amateur.