The UFC’s impending Fight Night event has taken a major hit.
Manel Kape vs. Su Medaerji was one of the more anticipated bouts at UFC Vegas 52 this Saturday. Unfortunately, due to personal issues, Kape has been forced to withdraw from the card.
UFC officials announced the news on Thursday in a brief statement. “Due to personal reasons, Manel Kape has been removed from his flyweight bout with Sumudaerji. As a result, this bout has been cancelled from this weekend’s event.”
There is no indication as to whether the bout will be re-booked for a later date.
Kape (17-6), a former RIZIN FF bantamweight champion, has won his last two bouts. He’s 2-2 since arriving in the UFC last year, which also saw him return to the flyweight division.
Mudaerji (16-4) has won three straight fights. “The Tibetan Eagle” dropped to flyweight in November of 2020, and has not looked back.
With the loss of Manel Kape vs. Su Medaerji, Saturday’s UFC Vegas 52 card moves forward with twelve bouts. The event is topped by a strawweight match-up featuring ex-champ Jessica Andrade returning to the division, to face the surging Amanda Lemos. The line-up breaks down as follows:
- Amanda Lemos vs. Jéssica Andrade
- Alexander Romanov vs. Chase Sherman
- Clay Guida vs. Claudio Puelles
- Lando Vannata vs. Charles Jourdain
- Maycee Barber vs. Montana De La Rosa
- Preston Parsons vs. Evan Elder
- Jordan Wright vs. Marc-André Barriault
- Dwight Grant vs. Sergey Khandozhko
- Tyson Pedro vs. Ike Villanueva
- Qileng Aori vs. Cameron Else
- Marcin Prachnio vs. Philipe Lins
- Dean Barry vs. Mike Jackson